Last updated: September 23, 2021
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we may automatically collect, and (C) information we may receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above are detailed below and hereinafter referred to as “Information.” Information is the data that can be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual to whom the information applies.
A. Information You Provide to Us
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Business information including your name, the name of your company or organization, the nature of your company or organization, address, city, state, email address, and other contact information if you request a demo of our product.
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Payment and transaction information, however Silktide does not have access to your credit card details. We share Information with our payment providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make on our Services;
- Preferences for communications;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys and online forms (including via third-party discussion apps);
- Access to your geo-location or to other data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar, or photos); and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You:
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Services to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information;
- Geographic data such as country or region;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
This Information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, and other means. All of this Information belongs to us, and we use it to improve effectiveness, content, layout, and other the operation of the Services.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
In general, we do not and will not share your personally identifiable information except as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell, transfer, and/or share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Services, and related products, promotions, newsletters and information you request;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications;
- To interact with you while you are browsing our Services;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sharing Your Information
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLD. We may disclose anonymized aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual, without any restriction.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, document financial transactions for purposes of internal reporting, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
- Online communications. If you correspond with us by email, questionnaires, surveys, social media, or other digital online platform, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to be completely transparent about the cookies we use and to make their control as easy as possible for you. When you first enter our Services, you will be asked to accept or reject cookies via the Cookie Notice. If, after your initial visit to the Services, you decide to change your cookie selection, you can do so by visiting the Cookie Notice, available at https://index.silktide.com/cookies
Further, if you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies under the following file names. Other information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services.
IV. THIRD-PARTY LINKS ON THE SERVICES
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may link to third party sites or content on our Services. We may do this for the convenience of you and other users of the Services, but we do not have control over the operation of these third-party websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy notices. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and welcome any feedback about these third-party sites. We urge you to review the privacy notices posted on these third-party websites at the time you first visit such sites.
V. INFORMATION SECURITY
Silktide uses commercially reasonable measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal Information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data;
- Hardware stored in secured data centers behind firewalls;
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key;
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location.
The Services are not intended to collect, maintain, or transmit any information related to your credit card, banking information, or other related financial information.
While we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly contact us via email at email@example.com so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
VI. DATA RETENTION
VII. YOUR CHOICES
A. Marketing Communications. You may receive marketing and promotional emails from us if you opt in. If you no longer want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or see How to Contact Us below for more information.
B. Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
C. Cookies. When you first visit our Services, you will be asked to accept or reject cookies via the Cookie Notice. If, after your initial visit to the Services, you decide to change your cookie selection, you can do so by visiting the Cookie Notice, available at https://silktide.com/cookie-notice. Further, if you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Other information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services.
D. Opting Out of Direct Marketing by Third Parties. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
VIII. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
A. Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents have the right to request that Silktide disclose certain information to you about Silktide’s collection and use of your personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once Silktide receives and confirms a verifiable consumer request from you, Silktide will disclose to you, to the extent permitted by law:
- The categories of personal Information Silktide collected about you.
- The categories of sources for your personal Information Silktide collected about you.
- Silktide’s business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Silktide shares your personal Information.
- If we disclosed your personal Information for a business purpose, the personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You shall have the right to request that the Information described above be provided to you in a portable and readily useable format, to the extent technically feasible (“data portability”).
Siktide does not sell your personal Information.
B. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Silktide delete certain of your personal Information that Silktide collected from and/or related to you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
To the extent that Silktide can delete your personal Information, once Silktide receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, Silktide will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal Information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected your personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
C. Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Silktide by either:
Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Calling Silktide, at (800) 654 6145
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Silktide to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Silktide collected personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Silktide to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may not, and will not, treat you differently because you of your Data Subject Request activity. As a result of your Data Subject Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you, charge different rates for goods or services, provide a different level quality of goods or services, or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal Information.
E. Verifying Requests
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your personal Information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal Information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal Information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal Information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
F. Authorized Agents
You may use an authorized agent to submit an access or deletion request. If you elect to use an authorized agent, you must provide the authorized agent with written authorization. In addition, you may be required to verify your identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an agent that does not provide written proof of authorization or if the agent fails to provide sufficient information needed to verify your identity. Such requirements shall not apply you provide the authorized agent with power of attorney, pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
G. Shine the Light Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal Information by Silktide to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to email@example.com.
H. Additional Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
A. Your Rights
- Restrict the way that we process and share your personal data;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party;
- Revoke your consent for processing of your personal data;
- Provide you with access to your personal data;
- Remove your personal data if no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
- Update your personal data so it is correct and not out of date; and/or
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
Email of Chief Privacy Officer at: email@example.com
Mail: Silktide Inc, 201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA, 94105-6164
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time-period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Silktide Inc, 201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA, 94105-6164. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority, contact information is available at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
B. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
- To administer our contractual relationship, including setting up any services you may request;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to effectively and efficiently operate our business and provide you with the services offered through the Services and other useful content and for other marketing, design, and advertising purposes;
- To process employee data, prevent against fraud, provide technology security, and other necessary Company operational matters;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations, we may have to collect this Information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
C. Consent to Transfer
Our Services are operated in the United States (“US”) and the UK. Please be aware that Information, including personal data, that we collect may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the US and/or the UK, jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We will transfer to the US and/or the UK only Information, including personal data: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of us in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION OF DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING
X. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent other state laws provide users with additional data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the Company following proper authentication and verification. Please see the How to Contact Us section below for more information.
XI. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
XII. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
XIII. HOW TO CONTACT US